So it seems to me that Mr. Kavanaugh, by saying that sitting presidents should not be investigated, is really saying that he does not fully support impeachment of a sitting president, which means that he does not support the entire Constitution. This disqualifies him for a position on the Supreme Court. [ Wash Post online link ]
The nomination of Gorsuch, a federal appeals court judge from Colorado, was promoted by conservatives because of his "right-of-center rulings and his allegiance to the same brand of constitutional interpretation employed by the late justice he would replace, Antonin Scalia." 
His record on other criminal justice issues is more mixed. In cases dealing with policing-including Fourth Amendment challenges to traffic stops and excessive force —Judge Gorsuch sets a high bar for claims of racial discrimination, and often grants qualified immunity to police officers when they are sued for violating constitutional rights. In these cases, Judge Gorsuch brings a perspective that places a greater emphasis on deference to and concern for law enforcement than on inequities in our criminal justice system.
However, Judge Gorsuch has ruled more favorably to criminal defendants on sentencing issues, where in multiple cases he has resolved statutory ambiguity—sometimes over dissent—to rule in favor of a more lenient sentence."
1. Trump and Republicans face a fresh test to shape Supreme Court, assert their power with Gorsuch hearings, By Ed O'Keefe and Robert Barnes, Washington Post, March 19.
2. Newly Public Emails Hint at Gorsuch’s View of Presidential Power, Charlie Savage, NY Times, March 18, 2017.
3. Trump Nominates Neil Gorsuch for the U.S. Supreme Court, MATT FORD, The Atlantic, JAN 31, 2017.
4. Neil Gorsuch Has Web of Ties to Secretive Billionaire, CHARLIE SAVAGE and JULIE TURKEWITZ, NY Times, MARCH 14, 2017.
5. The Civil Rights Record Of Judge Neil M. Gorsuch, A Report By The NAACP Legal Defense And Educational Fund, Inc., March 16, 2017.
6. Civil and Human Rights Organizations Oppose Confirmation of Judge Gorsuch to Supreme Court, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Advocacy Letter to Chairman Grassley and Ranking Member Feinstein, March 17, 2017.