Medicaid Expansion |
Virginia vote |
GOP Senate plan |
Action kit |
New to this plan, Medicaid expansion and marketplace financial assistance would end in 2020, replaced by underfunded block grants. These block grants would end in 2026.
1 Call your senators. 1-866-426-2631
2 Tag your senators in a tweet.
3 Meet directly with your Reps.
4 Email your senators. [Link to online form]
5 Write a letter to the Editor. [Link will walk you through]
→Read CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE COST ESTIMATE
→How did VA Delegates vote on Expansion?
On March 25, 2017, Bernie Sanders told constituents at a town hall meeting in Hardwick Saturday that he'll introduce a single-payer health care bill in Congress "within a couple of weeks."
—Congressional Budget Office
Take #OFAction. Speak out against the bill to repeal #Obamacare. Call the Senate now: https://t.co/Hi72mbaPFf #WeDeserveBetter pic.twitter.com/cW6jz9h6Ma— OFA AZ (@OFA_AZ) May 18, 2017
Take #OFAction. Speak out against the bill to repeal #Obamacare. Call the Senate now: https://t.co/Hi72mbaPFf #WeDeserveBetter pic.twitter.com/cW6jz9h6Ma
Jan 15, 2017, Alexandria rally to save health care
2. Rise Stronger Guide to Saving our Health Care. Ten steps that every american can take to save our health care.
3. The Republican Healthcare Con, NY Times, Jan 21, 2017.
What is Single Payer?, PNHP.org, March 24, 2017.
5. How Republicans quietly sabotaged Obamacare long before Trump came into office, Salon.com, March 22, 2017. "Rubio and a number of other Republicans had succeeded in gutting the risk corridors [That would make them whole Insurance company losses]. The result was that, just in 2015, end-of-fiscal-year risk corridor payments to insurance companies that were supposed to total around $2.9 billion were only reimbursed, according to Rubio himself quoted in the Times, to the tune of around $400 million. Rubio bragged that he’d “saved taxpayers $2.5 billion.”
What Coverage and Financing is at Risk Under a Repeal of the ACA Medicaid Expansion?, Kaiser Family Foundation, Dec 06, 2016.
7. Virginia Republicans Position-on-medicaid- expansion is indefensible, Washington Post, March 30, 2017.
8. Lisa Murkowski, a crucial Senate swing vote, is very frustrated with AHCA, Dylan Scott, Vox, Jun 15, 2017.